Another Time & Place

A place to relax and reminisce. Here you'll find nostalgia, memorabilia, history, anything from the past.

Monday, January 09, 2006

Welcome to Silent-Movies.Org:


If you like silent movie stars, you might want to visit this site. Tons of photos, bios, articles, and even a few video clips.

I've got a good sized collection of video tapes of silent films I've collected over the years. The movies themselves interest me more than the stars, which is the way I am about the current ones. Some of my favorites are Nosferatu, M, Metropolis, and my most favored The Thief of Baghdad with Douglas Fairbanks.

In this fast-paced world with so much noise vying for your attention, I find silent films somewhat calming, because you have to slow yourself down, sit quietly, and pay attention to what's happening or you'll miss vital parts, since you hear no dialog. Even with almost comical dramatic acting and flimsy special effects, they still hold a lot of charm.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home