Another Time & Place

A place to relax and reminisce. Here you'll find nostalgia, memorabilia, history, anything from the past.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Peanuts by Charles Schulz


"Peanuts was a syndicated daily comic strip written and drawn by American cartoonist Charles M. Schulz, which ran from October 2, 1950 to February 13, 2000. The strip was one of the most popular and influential in the history of the medium. At its peak, Peanuts ran in over 2,600 newspapers, with a readership of 355 million in 75 countries, and was translated into 40 languages. It helped to cement the four-panel gag strip as the standard in the United States. Reprints of the strip are still syndicated and run in many newspapers."

I wish I'd have seen this yesterday, on the anniversary of the last original Peanuts comic strip. I loved Charlie Brown and the gang. When I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of them. Along with the funny papers, I used to read tons of their paperbacks that my mom would buy for me. I never missed any of his holiday cartoons on TV. In fact, "A Charlie Brown Valentine" comes on tonight, and I'll be watching.

Though I always had dogs (and cats, and birds, and fish, and rabbits, and hamsters, and gerbils, and one turtle), I always wished they were as cool as Snoopy.
Before I lost my innocence (of the world, as well as, you know what), I was totally engrossed with Peanuts, and could really identify with Chuck.

This site gives plenty of info about Charles, Charlie, and the gang.
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home